Before and After School Fun Club/Remote Learning Child Care
As the Chambersburg Area School District moves to a hybrid schedule starting on October 19th for elementary students and October 26th for secondary students, the YMCA understands the hardships that families are facing during this time. We are here to support your family as we move through the coming months together.
In response to the hybrid school schedule, the YMCA is working on a plan to accommodate the needs of our families. We are currently communicating with the district to try to meet these needs. Our plan is to be able to continue the Remote Learning Program as well as offer our Before and After School Care Program. However, please note we must reach daily minimum enrollment at our locations in order to provide the service. Families will be contacted if a location’s minimum enrollment is not met. The registration process is as follows:
If you are a family that is currently using the Remote Learning Program
- Fill out the registration form in the packet linked below and return it to the Y. To assure your spot, the form needs to be submitted by Friday, October 9th.
If you are a new family
- Complete the registration packet linked below (Registration form, Bank Draft form and Health Assessment) in its entirety and return it to the Y. Paperwork can be emailed as well as any questions and/or correspondence using the following contacts and guidance:
- If your child attends Hamilton Heights, Ben Chambers, Grandview, Scotland, Fayetteville, and Guilford Hills your point of contact is Chris Misner, email@example.com
- If your child attends South Hamilton, Marion, New Franklin, Stevens, Andrew Buchanan, or Falling Spring your point of contact is Emily Ondrizek, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paperwork must be submitted by next Wednesday, October 14th. Once we receive your registration paperwork, a Y Director will contact you to complete your registration if a spot is available, determine your program location & start date, and set up your payment process.
The Y is making every effort to provide a quality affordable program. Support from our community continues to allow the Y to provide financial support where needed. The Y’s Financial Assistance application is attached.
We would like to thank you for your patience during this time as we work to adapt our programs to our everchanging world. We look forward to serving you this school year!
Holiday & Snow Day Fun Club
These programs are offered for students enrolled in K-10th grade when the Chambersburg Area School District is closed. The program, held at the YMCA location only, begins at 6:30 am and concludes at 6:00 pm. Participants will spend the day involved in arts & crafts, gym time gaming, swimming and field trips. For more information click here.
Online Registration is not available for these programs. All Registration Forms must be completed and taken to the Member Services Desk at the Y.