Our Cause Defines Us
We know that lasting personal and social change comes about when we all work together. That’s why, at the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Our Strength is in Community
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change.
- The Y is community centered. For nearly 160 years, we’ve been listening and responding to our communities.
- The Y brings people together. We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
- The Y nurtures potential. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- The Y has local presence and global reach. We mobilize local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change.
We are Here to Serve All. Our Diversity Inclusion and Global Policy is:
The Chambersburg Memorial YMCA is a membership organization open to all people. We welcome and value women and men, girls and boys of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientation, abilities, and financial circumstances. Our association and program services embrace diversity, reflecting the needs and composition of the Greater Chambersburg Area communities we serve.
Our Impact is Felt Every Day
With a mission to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all, our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
Thank you for being a part of our YMCA!
The Y's Mission
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
The Chambersburg YMCA is a community fellowship of youth and adults, united by a common loyalty to Jesus Christ for the purpose of developing the spiritual, mental, physical and social lives of our youth, our families and our communities. As such a community, the YMCA seeks to help individuals:
- Develop self-confidence and self-respect and an appreciation of their own worth as individuals.
- Grow as responsible members of their families and citizens of their communities
- Appreciate that health of mind and body is a sacred gift and that physical fitness and mental well-being are conditions to be achieved and maintained.
- Recognize the worth of all persons, and to work for interracial and intergroup understanding.
- Develop a sense of world mindedness, and to work for world-wide understanding.
- Develop their capacities for leadership and use them responsibly in their own groups and in community life.
- Appreciate the beauty, diversity and interdependence of all forms of life and all resources which God has provided in the world, and to develop an ethical basis for guiding the relationships of mankind with the rest of God's natural community.