Volunteer at the Y
Right here in our community business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community.
GET INVOLVED AS A Y VOLUNTEER – WE NEED YOU!
The Y is a cause for strengthening communities, committed every day to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change right in your own neighborhood.
Each of our volunteers helps deliver the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence and a sense of security to all who seek it. Everyone has something to give – whether it’s time, wisdom, talent, financial support or caring!
Please consider becoming a Y volunteer, we have volunteer opportunities in the following areas:
Fund-Raising Volunteers – the Y never turns anyone away due to inability to pay, and as a result we have a Strong Kids campaign each year that helps to subsidize programming, childcare and memberships for those who need assistance. Without the help of our dedicated fundraising volunteers, we would struggle to assist as many individuals and families that we do.
Support/Administrative Volunteers – these are people who help us keep the Y running by helping out in the office.
Program Volunteers – people who have direct contact with members who help deliver programs and services such as Youth Sports, Swimming Lessons, Teen Programs and Special Events.