Eggland’s Best Shares Healthy Recipes During National Nutrition Month!
By Dawn Jackson Blatner, RDN in partnership with Eggland’s Best
March is National Nutrition Month, and Eggland’s Best has provided us with recipes that highlight the importance of healthy meals and snacks to keep little ones energized throughout the day. Follow the directions below and enjoy!
OATMEAL SNACK BARS
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield/Total Servings: 16 snack bars
2 Eggland’s Best eggs
1 mashed ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup almond flour (or whole wheat flour)
1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, whisk Eggland’s Best eggs, mashed banana, maple syrup & vanilla.
3. In another bowl, mix together oats, flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, salt & cinnamon.
4. Add the egg mixture (wet ingredients) to the oat mixture (dry ingredients) and stir.
5. Spread batter into an 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until set in middle and golden around edges.
7. Let cool and cut into 16 squares.
Allergy Info: vegetarian, dairy-free, whole grain
Serving size: 1 snack bar
Total Fat: 4.5g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Added Sugar: 3g